A Message from Thomas H. Warren, Sr., President and CEO, Urban League of Nebraska
To our clients, community partners, and supporters –
I wanted to reach out and share how the Urban League of Nebraska maintain operations as we navigate the uncertainty of this public health crisis.
We want you to know we are here to provide support as much as we can.
- Our office at 3040 Lake Street will maintain our normal business hours of 8 am -5pm, Monday through Friday to continue to provide information and referrals to critical community services.
- Based on recommendations from local, state and federal health officials, we have suspended all scheduled programs, training classes and school-based activities, due to the inability to assemble in groups larger than 10 people.
- While we appreciate the incredible dedication of our staff, we have asked them to work from home using online resources.
- Our upcoming events and activities are being postponed and re-scheduled, with a final decision regarding our Scholars Reception and African American Leadership Awards ceremony pending.
- The proper precautions are being taken with the safety of our constituency in mind. We appreciate your understanding.
Since our founding in 1927, the Urban League of Nebraska has been an internal source of strength and relief for our community, and now more than ever we must remain resilient.