The “I Am” Young Ladies Conference is a day-long event that inspires young women grades 7 through 12 to excel in their education. These students will meet successful female professionals and attend motivational workshops. The conference is free, including transportation and meals.
2018 I Am Conference
Friday, February 16th
8:30 A.M. – 2:30 P.M.
College of Saint Mary | 7000 Mercy Road
Who should attend?
The conference is for any young lady who is in the 7th-12th grade. There is no fee, but registration is required.
How do you register?
The student and her parent/guardian must register for the conference. The application must be received by the January 31st:
- Scroll down to register online.
- Click here to download the application form.
Download and share the poster.
Applications are also available at the Urban League of Nebraska Family Resource Center, 3040 Lake Street, Omaha, NE 68111, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
What should students wear?
Summit attire is business casual, which includes skirts, khakis or slacks with a dress shirt and dresses. Absolutely no hats, sandals, athletic clothes, jeans, pajamas or short skirts and shorts.
Is transportation provided for the students?
Yes, transportation is available.
- High School Girls – Meet at the Urban League of Nebraska, and you will be transported to the conference. At the end of the conference, girls will return to the Urban League of Nebraska.
- Middle School Girls – Report to your school as scheduled, and you will be transported to the conference from there. At the end of the conference, girls will be returned to their school.
- Parents/guardians can also bring their youth to the conference location. At the end of the conference, parents/guardians must pick up their youth from the conference location.
Can adults and/or males attend the summit?
The workshops are only open to young ladies in the 7th-12th grades. However, anyone — teachers, parents or community members — can attend the luncheon featuring our panel for a fee. Please contact us for more information.
For more information about the conference, please contact Nicole Mitchell, 402-453-9730 x137 or firstname.lastname@example.org.