The “I Am” Young Ladies Conference is a day-long event that inspires young women grades 7 through 12 to excel in their education. These students will meet successful female professionals and attend motivational workshops. The conference is free, including transportation and meals.
2018 I Am Conference
Friday, February 16th
8:30 A.M. – 3:00 P.M.
College of Saint Mary | 7000 Mercy Road
Who should attend?
The conference is for any young lady who is in the 7th-12th grade. There is no fee, but registration is required.
For those attending this year’s conference, here are some house rules:
- Conference registration is from 8am – 8:30am. Light breakfast is served. Conference runs from 8:30am – 3:00pm at the College of Saint Mary. ) Initial meeting place is College of Saint Mary, Mercy Hall in the Warde Conference Center (Building #7 on the map)
- Transportation is provided. Drop off and pick up is ONLY from Urban League of Nebraska (3040 Lake Street). The bus will leaves at 7:30 am and returns to Urban League of Nebraska by 3:15 pm.
- If you are driving park anywhere on campus (You will not be ticketed
- The attire for the day is casual. You will pick up your I AM tee shirt at the conference and put that on. As for bottoms, wear yoga pants or jeans. NO SHORTS. Tennis shoes are allowed.
How do you register?
Registration is closed. Look forward to 2019’s I AM Conference!
What should students wear?
Summit attire is business casual, which includes skirts, khakis or slacks with a dress shirt. Absolutely no hats, sandals, athletic clothes, jeans, pajamas or short skirts and shorts.
Is transportation provided for the students?
Yes, transportation is available.
- Drop off and Pick up is ONLY from Urban League of Nebraska (3040 Lake Street Omaha, NE)
- The Bus leaves Urban League of Nebraska at 7:30 am, and returns by 3:15 pm
Can adults and/or males attend the summit?
The workshops are only open to young ladies in the 7th-12th grades. No parents or adults are allowed unless they are volunteering (this even includes the lunch panel). Please contact us for more information.
For more information about the conference, please contact Nicole Mitchell, 402-453-9730 x137 or firstname.lastname@example.org.