Omaha Gives! is an annual, day-long event hosted by the Omaha Community Foundation. Each year metro-area nonprofits benefit from this event through charitable donations from people like you. This year’s day of giving will be held on Wednesday, May 25th. From midnight to midnight donors can choose from an array of organizations to help fund their causes.
This year, the Urban League of Nebraska will feature the Girls’ Summer STEAM Academy by investing all funds raised during Omaha Gives! in that program and hosting a special event.
On May 25th, young ladies interested in STEAM will serve as mentors to community leaders as they demonstrate the value of STEAM. Participants will help teach these community leaders, including former Omaha police chief and current ULN President/CEO Thomas Warren, the fundamentals of STEAM as they complete a number of tasks and experiments.
The Urban League of Nebraska is proud to feature the Summer STEAM Academy, a passion project of Nicole Mitchell’s which has helped inspire young women to learn about STEAM and given them opportunities to do so within the Omaha community.
This is why we need your help! Show your support for our community-changing programs by donating a minimum of $10 through Omaha Gives!. Your donation helps us realize our dream of empowering and advocating for our community.
Any amount will help. Let’s dream together! Let’s give together!
How can you help the Urban League of Nebraska?
Omaha Gives! takes place on May 25, 2016 from midnight – midnight. Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and/or subscribe to our newsletter to receive a giving reminder on May 25th.
Thanks to generous donors, every dollar you give will be matched. Your $10 becomes $20 and so on!
All donations must be made online. Visit our Omaha Gives! Page for more information and to make a donation.
Support the Movement by giving in one of the following ways:
- Scan the QR Code below or visit the Urban League of Nebraska Omaha Gives! page and donate $10 or more today. Become a member of the Urban League with a gift of $50 or more.
- Give during our Omaha Gives! #PowerHour between 11 A.M. – Noon and increase our chances to win one of 24 $1,000 hourly prizes!
- If you can, donate at various times throughout the day instead of all at once.
- Donate using an Electronic Funds Transfer to reduce processing fees – or create an Omaha Community Foundation Account to eliminate processing fees entirely.
- Schedule a donation now to be processed on May 25th.
- Save your favorite organizations and billing information to quickly donate throughout the day.
- Arrange monthly or quarterly recurring donations.
- Create a Personal Fundraising Page (PCF), which will allow you to express why our organization matters to you, share that connection with friends and family, and track contributions made to our organization under the umbrella of your PCF. PCF’s must be completed by May 13.
Come to the #GiveHappyHour!
Join the Urban League Young Professionals for a happy hour to network and learn more about the Urban League YPs. Details to come.
Tell your friends on social media why you support the Urban League of Nebraska. Share our mission and encourage them to give as well!
Watch us climb the leaderboard on OmahaGives24.org.
Thank you for supporting the Urban League of Nebraska’s mission to be an empowering voice in the community advocating for economic self-reliance, parity, power, civil rights and equal opportunity for all. Help us impact more people in the community by donating on May 25th!