Omaha Gives! is an annual, day-long event hosted by the Omaha Community Foundation. Each year metro-area nonprofits benefit from this event through charitable donations from people like you. This year’s day of giving will be held on Wednesday, May 24th. From midnight to midnight donors can choose from an array of organizations to help fund their causes.
To demonstrate the impact of our Career and Employment services, the Urban League of Nebraska has decided to allocate all funds received during the 2017 Omaha Gives! celebration to our Career Boot Camp. The Career Boot Camp (CBC) is a signature program of the Urban League of Nebraska that prepares graduates for work in a high-demand career field by offering work and life skills assessments, job skills and readiness training, a financial stipend for participants, and guaranteed job placement following graduation from the program.
In order to showcase the Career Boot Camp for Omaha Gives!, we have planned a community job fair. The job fair will run from 10 A.M. – 2 P.M. on the day of giving, May 24th. It will feature mock interviews, résumé consults, and workplace clothing consults by industry professionals. The event will also offer job information and networking opportunities with the following participating local employers: Alorica, Cox Communications, First National Bank, Hy-Vee, Cintas, Omni Reservation Center, and Nebraska Furniture Mart.
Community members are welcome to attend the job fair at our Family Resource Center located at 3040 Lake St. Donations will be accepted onsite via the official Omaha Community Foundation platform, through which all Omaha Gives! donations must be made.
This is why we need your help! Show your support for our community-changing programs by donating a minimum of $10 through Omaha Gives!. Your donation helps us realize our dream of empowering and advocating for our community.
Any amount will help. Let’s dream together! Let’s give together!
How can you help the Urban League of Nebraska?
Omaha Gives! takes place on May 24, 2017 from midnight – midnight. Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and/or subscribe to our newsletter to receive a giving reminder on May 24th.
Thanks to generous donors, every dollar you give will be matched. Your $10 becomes $20 and so on!
All donations must be made online. Visit our Omaha Gives! Page for more information and to make a donation.
Support the Movement by giving in one of the following ways:
- Scan the QR Code below or visit the Urban League of Nebraska Omaha Gives! page and donate $10 or more today. Become a member of the Urban League with a gift of $50 or more.
- Give during our Omaha Gives! #PowerHour between 11 A.M. – Noon and increase our chances to win one of 24 $1,000 hourly prizes!
- If you can, donate at various times throughout the day instead of all at once.
- Donate using an Electronic Funds Transfer to reduce processing fees – or create an Omaha Community Foundation Account to eliminate processing fees entirely.
- Schedule a donation now to be processed on May 25th.
- Save your favorite organizations and billing information to quickly donate throughout the day.
- Arrange monthly or quarterly recurring donations.
- Create a Personal Fundraising Page (PCF), which will allow you to express why our organization matters to you, share that connection with friends and family, and track contributions made to our organization under the umbrella of your PCF. PCF’s must be completed by May 13.
Come to the #GiveHappyHour!
Join the Urban League Young Professionals for a happy hour to network and learn more about the Urban League YPs. Details to come.
Tell your friends on social media why you support the Urban League of Nebraska. Share our mission and encourage them to give as well!
Watch us climb the leaderboard on OmahaGives24.org.
Thank you for supporting the Urban League of Nebraska’s mission to be an empowering voice in the community advocating for economic self-reliance, parity, power, civil rights and equal opportunity for all. Help us impact more people in the community by donating on May 25th!