Urban League of Nebraska Scholarships
The Urban League of Nebraska Scholarship is awarded to assist graduating high school seniors in pursuit of post-secondary education.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current resident of Nebraska.
- Have a current cumulative G.P.A. of 2.5 or higher.
- Have completed at least 10 hours of documented community involvement.
- Have taken the A.C.T. or S.A.T.
Students must submit the following materials bound in a clear plastic report cover (stapled packets will not be accepted):
- Typed application.
- Cover page with color picture attached.
- Official copy of high school transcripts or G.E.D. (General Education Diploma).
- Two (2) letters of recommendations from persons attesting to your qualifications and motivation for attending college. Family members and relatives cannot submit letters of recommendation on the student’s behalf.
- Typed essay stating your goals, ambitions and the reasons you should receive a scholarship. (Essays must be no less than 250 words and no more than 500 words in length.)
- Additional information may be requested by the selection committee.
Submit completed scholarship application packets (including all requested materials) to:
Urban League of Nebraska, Inc.
Attn: Tyrone Marshall
3040 Lake Street
Omaha, NE 68111
The application deadline for 2016 has passed.
For more information regarding the scholarship program, please contact Tyrone Marshall, (402) 451-1066 x134 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for the Urban League of Nebraska Scholarship application.*
*Do you have an older version of Microsoft Word?
Click here for the application for Microsoft Word 1997-2013. Double-click a checkbox for the option to check or un-check a box.