Whitney Young Academy
The Whitney Young Academy empowers youth through education and career preparation.
- STRIVE for excellence at home, school and in my community.
- WORK within my neighborhood to further its development.
- RESPECT my mind and body, as well as the minds and bodies of others.
- CELEBRATE my heritage and culture as well as those of others.
- CREATE a better future for my family, other people and myself.
- CARE for the world’s people and environment.
- Provide opportunities for participant’s academic, personal, career and social development.
- Assist young people in developing long-term and short-term goals, which will lead to a productive adult life experience.
- Groom future leaders to develop communications and decision-making skills as well as civic responsibility.
- Involve youth to be active and provide community service projects that will develop and execute them to improve the conditions of their neighborhoods.
- Promote the importance of parental involvement.
About Whitney M. Young, Jr.
The Whitney Young Academy is named after Mr. Whitney M. Young, Jr. Mr. Young served as executive director of the Omaha Urban League (now the Urban League of Nebraska) in the 1950s and eventually became president of the National Urban League. Click here to learn more about Whitney M. Young, Jr.
Join the Whitney Young Academy.
UPDATE: ALL SPOTS ARE FILLED. THANK YOU FOR THINKING OF APPLYING!
There are no upcoming events at this time.
For more information about the Whitney Young Academy, contact Program Coordinator Nicole Mitchell, firstname.lastname@example.org or (402) 453-9730 x137