ULN Young Professionals
The ULN Young Professionals is a volunteer auxiliary group of the Urban League of Nebraska. We provide our members opportunities (1) for leadership and professional development, (2) to engage the community and (3) to support the overall mission of the Urban League of Nebraska.
The ULN Young Professionals focus on:
- Networking for YPs of color.
- Professional and leadership development training for YPs of color.
- Promoting YPs of color for leadership positions in the community.
- Youth development and mentoring.
We accomplish these things with guidance from our dedicated leadership and through our tireless committees:
100 Black Men of Omaha
Ashely Rae Turner
Women’s Fund of Omaha
First National Bank
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices
Committees ensure the needs of our members are being met. Members are encouraged to participate in at least one committee.
The annual membership fee for the ULN Young Professionals is $50, and membership is open to any person from age 21 to 39 and from any career. Members receive the following benefits:
- Membership in the Urban League of Nebraska Young Professionals.
- General membership in the Urban League of Nebraska.
- Voting privileges at ULN YP general meetings.
- Leadership and professional development training.
- Access to professional mentors and coaches.
- Invitations to YP activities and special events.
- Invitations to National Urban League and Urban League of Nebraska events.
- A membership card and Urban League lapel pin.
- Opportunities to make a real impact in our community!
Meetings & Events
The ULN Young Professionals hold general membership meetings on the first Monday of every month from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Networking takes place 5:30 and 6 p.m. and the business meeting/program begins at 6 p.m. Meetings are typically held at the Barbara Weitz Community Engagement Center on the University of Nebraska-Omaha campus, 6001 Dodge Street, Omaha, NE 68182.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Sign up for e-mails.